A trip to a spa is a great way to wind-up a stressful business trip. And when you are on vacation, a visit to a spa is a wonderful way to pamper and indulge yourself. Washington, DC is filled with some exceptional day spas to do just that, and they will leave you relaxed, refreshed and filled with serenity.
I've put together a list of some of the District's best spas to help you book your massage, facial, Thai yoga bodywork, or other favorite indulgence.
- Nusta, 1129 20th St., NW; 202-530-5700; www.nustaspa.com. If you are looking for a spa that has gone green, Nusta is the place for you. Its environmentally friendly interiors have made this spa one of the first of its kind. Nusta strives to provide its clients with the ultimate spa experience and they do not disappoint. Whether you like classical music during your massage or complete silence, they will create the atmosphere that helps you relax.
- I Spa at the Willard InterContinental Hotel, 1401 Pennsylvania Ave., NW; 202-942-2700. Everything about the Willard is first class so it should come as no surprise that their spa services are among the best the District has to offer. I recommend The Willard Chardonnay Body Therapy. For 90 minutes and $225.00 this signature treatment uses, "essence of Olavie Le Vin Chardonnay Grape Seed Extract with natural sugars blended with the finest oils. A sugar scrub exfoliation is performed followed by a body butter application. Body is then wrapped in a warm moist towel drenched in The Willard Chardonnay."
- The Spa at MINT, 1724 California Street, NW, 202-328-6468. During your trip to our nation's capital every Tuesday at MINT is tranquil and for just $45 you can receive a 30 minute massage or facial with an organic juice blend or smoothie. Sound refreshing?
- Serenity Day Spa, 4000 Wisconsin Ave., NW, 202-362-2560. This is a chain owned by Sport & Health fitness clubs and offer both full and half day experiences.
- Hela Spa, 3209 M St., Georgetown; 202-333-4445. Hela offers everything from Botox injections to laser hair removal, microdermabrasion and traditional massages and facials. And an added plus, after your treatment you can do some shopping at all of the great stores in Georgetown.