The top five pizzerias you won’t want to miss during a visit to Washington, DC include the following:
- 2 Amys, 3715 Macomb St. NW, Washington, DC 20016; 202-885-5700. 2 Amys specializes in Neapolitan pies. The meatballs and a Margherita pizza is a favorite among regulars and leave room for a Cannoli. 2 Amys is super kid friendly, and for that reason it can be a loud place, but noise aside this is one of the best pizza places in the city.
- Comet Ping Pong, 5037 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20008; 202-364-0404. Comet Ping Pong makes its pies in a wood-burning oven. Try the “Match Point ” with fresh Toigo Farm tomatoes, garlic, Mozzarella, & Fresh Basil,($13) or their signature “The Smoky” with smoky mushrooms, smoky gouda, smoky bacon, melted onions & garlic... ($13). This is a great place for the whole family and the ping pong is free.
- Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza, 1400 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20009; 202-332-7383. Pete’s crispy, but chewy crusts are the best. Here you can pizza by the slice or by the pie. Order up a Boola Boola with house-made meatballs, roasted peppers, caramelized onions, and cherry peppers ($24.95).
- Lost Dog Café , 5876 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA; 703-237-1552ý. Lost Dog Café offers a wide variety of specialty pizzas. There are some wonderful beers from small breweries that are worth a try and the milk shakes make this a truly indulgent experience.
- Pulcinella, 6852 Old Dominion Dr, Mc Lean, VA 22101; 703-893-7777. Pulcinella has been a McLean anchor for almost 25 years. The Margherita is well-done and there are plenty of pasta dishes to choose from in addition to the pizza.