The final week of the Cherry Blossom Festival has plenty of excitement in store for visitors. To follow is a schedule of events:
- April 12-13 at 1 p.m. Take a Bicycle Tour with a National Park Service ranger. Tours start at the Jefferson Memorial.
- April 9 and April 12-13 at 8 p.m. See the Cherry Blossoms at night with a Lantern Walk. The tour is led by a Park Ranger and the tour begins at the Tidal Basin welcome area located at 1500 Maine Ave, SW.
- April 11 at 6 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt (1000 H St., NW). The National Conference of State Societies Grand Ball. This black-tie gala will feature a sushi reception and dinner. During the evening the US Cherry Blossom Queen will be selected.
- April 11 from 12:00 noon to 5 p.m. and April 12 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m at the river near Washington Harbor. Join the crowd and cheer on top crews as the compete in the George Washington Invitational Regatta.
- April 12 at 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Pennsylvania Ave, NW between 10 th and 14 th Streets. Spend the afternoon at the Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival. Sponsored by the Japan-America Society of Washington visitors can expect entertainment and exhibits in the spirit of the culture who gifted the cherry blossoms to America.
- Daily through April 13. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kids will love the Bloomin Junior Ranger sponsored by the National Park Service. Activities include games, projects, and puzzles all geared to teach youngsters about DC’s beloved cherry blossoms. To participate go to the Tidal Basin welcome area, 1500 Maine Ave, SW.
- Daily through April 13. From 12:00 noon to 5 p.m. Enjoy an interlude at the Jefferson Memorial as local and international performers entertain Cherry Blossom visitors.
- April 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Constitution Avenue, from 7th to 17th Streets, NW. Enjoy the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. To purchase grandstand seats for the parade, click here.
For additional information on any of these events, visit the official site of the cherry blossom festival at www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org.