February is one of DC’s cooler months, but slightly warmer than January. February weather can also be unpredictable so if you are visiting Washington, DC during this month, it’s best to be prepared for wet, snowy weather. And a great positive for visiting the District during this winter season is that you will find fewer crowds and better deals on lodging.
- Average High: 47 degrees
- Average Low: 30 degrees
- Record High: 79 degrees (1976)
- Record Low: 4 degrees (1961)
- Average Precipitation: 2.63 inches
What to Pack
The winter months in DC are all about layers.
- Long sleeve rugby shirts
- Sweaters, pull-overs and sweat shirts
- Long pants
- Warm coat
- Super Bowl Sunday
- The Chinese Lunar New Year is generally celebrated with a traditional parade in DC’s Chinatown.
- Valentine’s Day is actually a wonderful time to be in the District. There are many romantic neighborhoods to stroll through; luxurious hotels to treat that special someone to; and wonderful restaurants to wine and dine your loved one.
- What better place to be than in Washington, DC on President’s Day? There are celebrations throughout the city that you won’t want to miss.
Things to Consider
- With the possibility of snow comes the possibility of flight delays, so be prepared.
- On President’s Day some sights and attractions may be closed, but if you call ahead, you can plan to go to those sights on another day.