The month of June is filled with excitement as the warm weather arrives and the city settles into summer. June in Washington, DC is really beautiful. Everyone wants to be outdoors running, walking, cycling, roller skating and enjoying this historic city.
- Average temperature: 75.6 degrees
- Average high temperature: 84.7 degrees
- Average low temperature: 66.5 degrees
- Record High: 101 degrees
- Record Low: 47 degrees
- Average Rainfall: 3.38 inches
What to Pack
June is really the beginning of summer in the District. You don’t have the humidity to deal with that comes in July and August and you can finally break out the sundresses and shorts.
- sun dresses
- a sweater for the evenings
- short sleeve shirts, t-shirts, comfortable clothing
- comfortable walking shoes for walking and running shoes if you like to work out
June has so much going on in the District. Some of the highlights include the following:
- Dupont-Kalorama Museum Walk, June 6-7, 2009
- National Capital Barbecue Battle, June 27-28, 2009
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival, June 24-June 28 and July 1-5, 2009
- Alexandria Waterfront Festival, June 20-21, 2009
Things to Consider
- The weather in June is beautiful. The warmer weather makes everyone want to be outdoors.
- Kids are out of school.
- Crowds start descend upon the District in the summer months. Make reservations and plan ahead whenever possible.
- Thunder storms can cause unexpected delays at the airport; always call ahead or look-up your flight online to make certain your transportation is running on schedule.