Washington, DC offers a variety of events and parties to help visitors ring in the New Year. From night clubs to hotel galas to a more laid back dining out and the theatre, Washington, DC is a great place to celebrate January 1, 2010. Some of the highlights include the following:
- Tracey Morgan at the Warner Theatre. 30 Rock’s Tracey Morgan will be bringing the partee to DC on December 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM. And to make the evening truly festive he is bringing along three opening acts–a DJ, Freaky Tye and Opening Support, and Dominique. Ticket prices range from $39.50 up to $69.50, not including Warner Theatre’s $5 service fee. You can buy tickets via Live Nation now. The Warner Theatre is located near the Metro Center station.
- First Night Alexandria in Northern Virginia is a family-focused, alcohol-free New Year's Eve celebration. With a firework extravaganza on the front lawn of the George Washington Masonic Temple and close to 200 performances throughout the evening, this is a great event for DC visitors. Tickets are on sale and if you buy them online before Christmas it will cost you $15. After Christmas, the price goes up. Children 12 and under are free. If you are looking for a hotel to stay at in the area, consider the Hotel Monaco.
Compare Alexandria Hotel Prices.
- L'Enfant Plaza Hotel Inner Caucus New Year's Eve Gala. Five ballrooms and lounges will keep party goers dancing and having a good time. Sponsored by Inner Caucus and WHUR (96.3 FM) this is a black tie optional celebration. 480 L'Enfant Plaza SW; 202-466-1646. http://www.innercaucus.com.
- 9:30 Club. Ring in the New Year at the 9:30 Club with Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. Their soulful music is a great way to usher in 2010. Buy tickets ($55 per person) today.
- Washington, DC Countdown at Fur Night Club. Four unique places to ring in the New Year—the mink room is devoted to music from the 1980’s; the main floor will feature hip hop and the top 40; top 40 and eighties in the Martini Lounge; and Latin in the Mafia room. Tickets are $25. 33 Patterson St. NE; 202-842-3401. http://www.furnightclub.com.
- Hilton Washington: Professionals in the City New Year's Eve Gala. Passport to the World is the theme of this gala. Travel time zone by time zone, beginning in a room with a Toyko theme and work your way to the Bollywood Bash and the Red Light District. To learn more or purchase tickets, click here.
- Taking in a performance at the Kennedy Center on New Year's Eve is an elegant yet festive way to ring in 2010. Purchase tickets to listen to the National Symphony Orchestra perform on December 31, 2009 and hear favorite selections including Tchaikovsky's Danse russe from Swan Lake, Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, and Nicolai's Overture to Merry Wives of Windsor.